9 days down, 22 to go! So far so good. I'm avoiding the places where I typically end up impulse spending. Although I did do a quick Target run to use some diaper coupons. A friend tipped me off to a huggies coupon for 2.50 off and a Target huggies coupon for 2$ off so you saved 4.50 on one box of diapers. So I printed two sets and headed to Target to find out that if you bought two boxes of huggies, you got a 5$ Target gift card. So basically got 15$ off of 2 already on sale boxes of diapers!
Target was a challenge. I went with a list and tried to stay focused on the list. I avoided the dollar isle and the kids clothes area. I avoided the decorative accessory area and stuck to the list. Unfortunately I was so focused on avoiding buying things that I left with only half of the stuff on my list.
One thing I was hoping by doing the compact was that we would save some money this month. I think in general we are but I've had my car tabs due (350...seriously ridiculous), my CNS certification due (another 350...again ridiculous!)... but seeing as I need to be able to drive my car and keep my job, out goes a crap ton. Although they are compact approved items, it still sucks! So I'll be ignoring those two items when looking to see if we saved any money.
Now I have my first compacty challenge! JT had speech today and they worked with a barn and little animals and he did GREAT! He loved the barn and animals so she asked if I had one. We do have a barn that we got as a hand me down but I have no animals. So besides the fact that its hard to find just the animals in the store, they are horribly expensive as well and would eat up a chunk of our new purchase fund. So I am doing it the compact way and going to be scouring craigslist, ebay, etc. to find some fisherprice animals similar to below. So if you have any hanging out at your house that you are willing to sell or if you see some on craigslist let me know!

STATS:
Compact initial new purchase fund: 75$
Current status: $71.81
Purchased items: rub on tattoos (3.19)
Wish list: I Love My Hair T-Shirt, Fisher Price Farm Animals
3 comments:
You're doing awesome! Nice work on the Target run :)
Children's Exchange is a good place for toys - I think they have Little People behind their counter. I'll keep my eye out. How about cutting pictures out of old books or magazines?
jennie, it seems to me the animals would be more of a medical expense for his speech therapy, not just a toy for fun! mellissa and doug make an excellent farm toy, with a moving tractor with noise, a trailer full of farm animals that make appropriate noises for 25.00! he would love it and it could help him so much!--suzanne po
I have the barn and lots of pieces like the animals at my house.
I could mail them?
Meena
Post a Comment