Saturday, March 26, 2011

Compact: Day 26...spent more money!

Well just 5 days left of our first compact month and we are doing great! Last night AJ and I went to a benefit for our little friend who is back on the Berlin Heart. Besides donating money (donations are compact approved), I also bought AJ a T-shirt from the benefit which I'll post a pic of after we get it! They ran out so they are ordering more. Obviously the t-shirt is new and is not compact approved and under any other circumstances wouldn't have bought it but it was for a good cause. So 8$ out of the compact fund to support little Saul.

Today Meena came down to visit and of course we usually do some type of project when she is here so today we decided during naptime to hang up some of the art and stuff that we haven't hung up yet. We pretty much hadn't hung anything up on the first floor since we moved because I hadn't painted. Well now since I painted at least the family room, we figured we should hang everything up and then when I paint the rest I'll know where everything will go!

Meena brought this AMAZINGLY fun sign! Its fantastic and huge and wonderful! And compact approved! They are old sign letters from something!
We also a while ago had gotten some old 1930's film reels (also compact approved) so got those hung up as well. The picture doesnt do them justice, they look great in real life!
We also hung up some of my paintings and other art that I had in our last house. Our house is becoming more homey each day!

We did make a Menards run to get stuff to hang JT's super cool shelf but didn't get a chance to hang that so we'll do that next time Meena and Papa come down! So at Menards I also spent $4.91 on two L brackets and a pack of washers.

STATS:
Compact initial new purchase fund: 75$
Current status: $58.90
Purchased items: rub on tattoos (3.19), Team Saul T-shirt (8), L-brackets & washers (4.91)
Compact successes: Fisher Price Animals
Wish list: I Love My Hair T-Shirt, Dress shoes for AJ

No comments: