Saturday, January 1, 2011

New fun and fun hair!

The kids got some gift cards from FABULOUS Aunt Cathy for Christmas and since our house is bursting at the seams with toys right now, we figure why not add to it now while stuff is on sale! So we took the kids to Toy's R Us and let them each pick out a gift. On the way out we found this so got it too!

AJ's Cherry Blossom Market... Its SUPER cute and she loves it. She wants to put it in the basement play area but for now until the basement is cleaned its in her room. She picked a ZuZu pet and outfit for her special present. And JT... well he's been raiding our front closet for deadly weapons... I mean for brooms, mops, and swiffers... So we found a blue boy cleaning set and he LoVES it!
Our little cleaning machine!And they still have a bunch of money on their gift cards left so in a few months we'll head back for another fun trip! It was cute to see Addy looking at everything and trying to figure out what she wanted. When she settled on a ZuZu pet I wasn't surprized. She just recieved one as a gift and likes it a lot and the cats stalk it which is pretty funny too!
We had a small hair emergency the other day! I love trying new products and there is one that I have wanted to try for quite sometime now. Then a few random Targets started carrying it so I was super excited. I made the trek to the cities to go to that Target and got some Kinki-Curly. I was SO excited! When I washed her hair, the shampoo was ok, the conditioner was amazing! It gave her hair super good slip and made her twists come out and detangling easy. When I went to style her hair I realized that I was out of my trusty Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade, my staple product, the one that keeps her hair well moisturized while in a style and keeps it healthy. So I decided I would just use the Kinki-Curly Custard and see what happened... Unfortunately after a week and a half in a style her hair was super dry and brittle. Way drier than I have ever seen it. I felt horrible. Here's a pic of it... Its hard to tell from the picture but you can see that its duller and frizzier on the bottoms.
So we did a cholesterol treatment and left it on for the length of the tubby and then super conditioned it and it seemed to bounce back pretty well. I'll be washing her hair tomorrow and will super condition again and then will go back to using my Paul Mitchell! I may attempt the Kinki-Curly again in a few weeks and use my Paul Mitchell and see if I like the shampoo and conditioner. We have had a bed for AJ for a while but due to Addy not sleeping wonderfully in her own bed... ok rarely spending a whole night in her own bed... We've held off on putting it up. Well since we are both off work a bit around the holidays we thought now would be a good time to work on sleeping in her own room. So I told her that if she slept in her bed 3 nights in a row, that we would set up her big big girl bed. Well she did it! So on New Years Eve, we set up her bed! We still have to finish the headboard which is at Meena's house but for now, this will suffice. She slept peacefully in it last night until about 530 this morning (when she came and climbed in with us). So sleep is going better. We're just trying to be consistant and it seems to be working thus far!
So proud of her big big girl bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does she have her new big girl flannel sheets on?

Moosekahl said...

She is such a beautiful little lady! In the picture with the "restored" hair her eye lashes are amazing! And the big girl bed is awfully darn adorable :)