Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mommy and Addy's Day of FUN!

Since I had been gone for a week, Addy has been sad still and worried that I won't come home. So we have had numerous talks about how Mommy will always come home to Addy, Mommy loves Addy more than anything, and that Mommy will never leave Addy. She is getting it now and when I leave to go to the store or something, she says, "Mommy will always come home". So her tantrums are starting to decrease a little bit. I thought maybe it would be good to have some special Addy and Mommy time, just the two of us, no boys!
So today was Mommy and Addy's day of FUN! We left right after lunch to take advantage of car nap time and started our day. Of course I wanted Addy to feel super special so she wore one of our new dresses and leggings and new shoes! What a cutie petutie! And no we didn't plan on matching but I only have three decent shirts that fit and pink was clean!TA DA! We started the day at Underwater World. Addy LOVED the fishys! She thought the turtles were pretty cool as well!After going through the whole exhibit, she rode the turtle (which I swear is at every zoo as well)!
And played by the big octopus.
After finishing up with the fish, we headed to the disney store to use our 10$ free giftcard. Addy loved the store and being the good big sister that she is, was very insistant that we buy something for TyTy. I tried to get her to buy something for herself but she wanted to get something for JT instead. So I told her that after she found something for Ty that she could get something for Addy too. So we wandered through the store and settled by the dishes and cups. She picked a fancy Cars cup for brother, has a waterglobe in the bottom of it and everything! And then picked out a Snow White one for herself. Why Snow White I'm not sure, she's never seen the movie but was quite certain that yes that was the one she wanted, even after I attempted to persuade her in another direction (Jasmine, Tianna, Ariel, you know the movies she has actually seen!). Then with a few dollars left on our gift card, we also got some Minnie Mouse flipflops, the ones with the little back strap to keep them on her feet!
We then head on down to the Rainforest Cafe which is Addy's all time favorite restaurant. We visited the alligator, but unfortunately he had no water this time to throw coins in! We saw the big green tree frog and gave him hi-5. We got the best seat in the house! They sat us where we could see the dancing gorillas and the side of our table butted up to a giant fishtank! We got a free appetizer and shared an entree! Here is my little peanut eating her spinach artichoke dip!

It was a perfect day. She was SUCH a sweet good little girl! We had a blast and intend to do it more frequently! We do a lot of fun stuff but it was really nice to be just the two of us without anyone else, without any distractions, just focused on eachother and happy Addy Mommy time!
The way home made for the perfect naptime as well! Poor little thing was all tuckered out!
Man I love this kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day!!! So glad you had a great time! Cute pictures, too...esp. the ones of you at home before you left (in your coordinating outfits)!

Shawna