Sunday, March 21, 2010
Big Girl Bed: Phase 1
Our plan for Addy's crib was always to keep her in it as long as possible until she was consistently climbing out. She's climbed out a few times but not enough to warrant switching her bed. She must have figured out our plan because instead of climbing out, she launched a full fledged boycott of the crib. Refusing to sleep in it for naps or at bedtime. So after almost 3 weeks of a toddler kicking us in the head every night by sleeping between us and taking up the WHOLE bed, I gave in! She has a convertible crib so I took the side off and put one of the two rails on. What exactly the rails are supposed to do I'm not quite sure as they are only as high as her pillow and barely even cover a fourth of the side of the crib, but alas I put it on anyway. Maybe just for a little peace of mind. Addy helped hold the mattress up while I put the rail on. We made the bed together but sadly had to take off the cute bed skirt since the rail hooks in that spot.
Addy was ecstatic! "I can climb in mommy!" She climbed right in, layed down, smiled, played, snuggled up in the blanket, and squealed with joy the whole time. Ok, well now she has a new play area but the real test will be naptime today. Lets hope she loves it enough to sleep in it!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The bed looks adorable! Good luck with the transition - I know it's just so much fun. Putting a baby gate across the door was a lifesaver for me for a while, until D learned how to pry it out of the doorway...
Post a Comment