Sunday, April 19, 2009

New words, new loves

This weekend Addy decided that she has a few new favorites! She apparently LOVES Sesame Street, but only when played on the computer not on the TV. Oh, especially the old version, you know the one with the real muppets, 70's clothing, and horrible haircuts!

One of Addy's favorite personal hygiene habits is brushing her teeth (second to using hand sanitizer). The problem is that she doesn't want to stop so ten minutes later we are still brushing our teeth or gigantor tantrum ensues. So off to Walmart we went to get an egg timer. We would then set it for 2 minutes when the bell would go off, we would be done and help her learn that 2 minutes is plenty. So we got the timer and thought we would try it today... So the two minutes was set, we were brushing our teeth together and then it happpend.... NOTHING! Thanks to Walmart, we got a faulty timer! It has no ding! It ticks away and then just stops. Even when you try to make it ding it won't! Guess we will be finding a new one, I guess you get what you pay for. Apparently 3 dollars doesn't buy the ding in the bell!

We have started Skype-ing with my sister and parents. Addy LOVES it! She will point to thier faces/noses/ears/ etc, and even tries to kiss the screen! Well after Skypeing with grandma, AJ and I were playing and she ran over to the couch were the laptop was and was trying to open it saying "GaKa, GaKa", I asked if she wanted to watch a movie, and she shook her head no and said "GaKa, GaKa" again, Grandma? I asked... and she nodded, got a big smile and was SO excited. So GaKa it is.

Then tonight, while I was upstairs none the less, Addy turns to Jared and says, "more snack"! Yep said it out loud, not baby sign or anything! And I MISSED IT! and of course she won't say it again!

She is also now saying cracker, most animal noises, moo, baa, bow-wow-wow, ruff ruff, cheep cheep (when reading the animal book) except oink... she still think oink is wink so she winks instead. I guess piggys only wink and don't make a noise!

Her stomach bug is officially gone, no issues for 3 days! YAY, its nice to be healthy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE being GaKa!!!
guess who????

Anonymous said...

Jen this blog is great! Very creative and a wonderful visual of Addy's life! Linda Ross