Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scrap-a-holic!

A long time ago in my pre-kid life, I used to do a lot of scrapbooking. The good old paper scrapping where you would print out a ton of pics, fill your living room with papers and fun add ons, and spend a few days going through and scrapping it all together. Once the kiddos came along, I realized very quickly that spreading my stuff out and expecting it to stay where I wanted and not get mangled was never going to happen. And then I saw a friends album that she had done via digital scrapbooking (Thanks Marianne for the inspiration!). I talked with her a bit and was HOOKED!
At first I missed the paper scrapping, I missed the mess, I missed the joy of sorting through everything. At first, digi-scrapping took me forever! But after a few pages I realized the joy of digital and now I am hooked! Its all contained in my laptop. I get all my papers/elements for free. I dont have to print all the pictures. I can reuse as much as I want, crop, alter, the pics in anyway fairly easily and love it! I go through phases where I am feeling more creative and in a scrappy mood and the last 2-3 weeks I have been inspired. So inspired that I got caught up on BOTH kids scrapbooks through September... of this year!

I did have this goal of every 3 months doing the previous 3 months so that I would always stay somewhat up to date but with a busy schedule and two little rugrats, every 3 months comes and goes too quickly!

I've had a lot of people asking me about it lately so thought I would post a few of my favorite pages. Some of my favorites are actually the more boring pages that are simple or with a plain white background although I did have a few favorites that were really neat but they were two page layouts so I skipped posting those!

The zoo:
Addy at dance class:
Dance recital last may:
Addys new jewlery box and faux makeup!
Our superbly cute pics by our dear photographer friend Catharine (Addy's 2 year and Ty's 6 month pics):
Ty's baptism
Ty's 1 year pics who were taken by another photographer friend Miss Shawna:
So there you have it! I ordered all of my pages so hopefully they come in the next 7-10 days so I can get their books all put together. (My goal is to have them done by Addy's birthday!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww... thanks for the shout out!

Robin said...

Beautiful! My favorite is the one of Addy's recital. I love the way you wrapped the text around the picture. I can't wait to learn all your digital scrapbooking when you get the time to share. Time? Who has time?!