Monday, November 29, 2010

Pictures and updates galore!

These are not in the order that they happened but here is a recap of the past few weeks!

I got a new camera! YAY! I haven't had a chance to play with it much but took it out the other night for a quick couple shots... here is the inaugaral photo... number 1 on the SD card! The pictures are great even on the fully automatic mode. They somehow seem to capture the feeling and emotion instead of being a flat picture! I'm sure once I learn more and get the hang of a digital SLR as opposed to my old film SLR that m pics will improve greatly! JT has taken a liking for bowls... He tends to wear them!
We have been potty training sort of for quite a while. AJ does well if she has a big enough prize at the end of the day so I knew she was ready and just needed something to get her to buy into the idea the potty was a good place to go! So we did a one day potty themed day. Just her and I.
After breakfast we read our princess potty book and used the stickers to decorate our own princess potty.
We used our borrowed Potty Patty doll to have Addy teach the doll how to go potty. Addy loved her!
We made potty pizza!
Had a tray full of potty prizes...
The marshmallows and rub on tattoos were her favorite prizes!
She made a potty princess crown and we did potty arts and crafts.
We made special undies!
And played a special game at the end of the day... Our first game of CandyLand!

All in all it was a super fun day! Addy did great on the potty and had no accidents! The weekend after she did super well too! Since then she has been staying dry at daycare and doing really well with pee at home. Still some random accidents and some trouble with poop but doing pretty good overall. She definetley is very vocal about not wanting to do pull ups again and wanting to be a big girl so that she can go to school next year!
After Halloween I got a bunch of costumes for dress up on sale for 3$.... Here is Little Red Riding Hood!
Our friend Lindsy came over and cooked with Addy.... somehow AJ ended up cooking in her undies and apron!
We went on a winter sleigh ride with some friends! It actually wasn't too cold out and was very peaceful. The kids did great. Addy even stayed dry the whole trip.
Why does she look so cute all bundled up and I look like a big dork!
We spent Thanksgiving with family! Addy loves her uncles! Here is her an Spencer!
We had a slumber party with Amanda and Lindsy. A fun girls night! They totally spoil Miss Addy with presents, crafts, and fun food! Lindsy even let her open up one of her birthday gifts, a new princess sleeping bag!


So there's our last few weeks in random order!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my BABIES.....PS its the extra hood (grey) that you have on over your hat that makes you look like a dork...I'm just sayin :)

Momeena