Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Life Changing Day.... one year ago

It was one year ago today that we met Addy's birth mom and were asked to parent this amazing little girl.

We had met my family for dinner to celebrate my dads birthday and didn't tell anyone that we were meeting a birthmom just in case things didn't work out. We left dinner and went to a book store to kill some time. We then went to the agency and had the most amazing meeting ever with the sweetest, nicest birthmom. On the way home we were exstatic, anxious, nervous, and in disbelief. In one meeting our life was to be changed forever. We called everyone on the way home and told them about our new addition. We stopped at Babies R Us which was having a special invite only sale for my employer and got a big coupon book which would come in handy. And the whirlwind week began.

We had one week to prepare to bring our baby home! Poor Jared had basketball games, tournaments, and practice EVERY NIGHT that week so I was on my own to prepare. Good thing I have amazing friends and family to help out! I had two different friends take me to register for baby stuff, tons of friends brought over hand me downs and baby stuff to borrow, I went online and ordered bedding and a crib and a changing table, and started planning. It was a good thing that I had started two files months earlier, one for everything I liked for a boy and one for everything I liked for a girl, sure made it easier to pick things out on short notice! That weekend my parents and sister came and helped us relocate our spare bedroom, paint the babies room, install lighting and curtains, and helped clean our house. And then that Monday February 18th, on Presidents Day we brought our baby home!

Stay tuned for more of our story!

1 comment:

Moosekahl said...

A special day indeed! how precious to be chosen to be a child's parent...and what a beautiful girl indeed!