Thursday, August 12, 2010

A week in review... or has it been 2 weeks?

Last weekend I took AJ for a special surprise trip....Look where we ended up!
That's right! Back to the Yellow Brick Road! She loved it so much and its only in town for a limited time so we went back, this time just the two of us. Spent quite a while at the Wizard of Oz exhibit and then went to the bubbles and back to the Wiz. Addy was captivated by the horse of a different color where you turned color wheels to make the horse turn colors... She had her picture taken in all of the different colors!
After that it was to Meenas to visit Meena and Papa for the night. Went to a little county fair which AJ LOVED! Got another pony ride!

Most of you probably think I am crazy seeing as we go to tons of little carnivals and festivals but I love them! And so do the kids! When I was little, I loved the movie Toby Tyler about a little boy who ran away and joined the circus. He was an acrobat with the horses. Somewhere in my heart I think I always wished I could do that so maybe my carnival obsession stems from that!
Then on Sunday we went to a local parade. For some reason, JT looks like a real boy in this picture and not my little baby!
OK, for those of you who aren't sale shoppers, look away now! This is a little riduculous but how could I pass up 4 African American Dolls for under 12$.... TOTAL! That's right 2-5$ a piece! Target had a toy clearance and the section was small and picked over but these were crammed on the bottom shelf in the corner! Do we really need 4 dolls, nope! But they may come in handy for special prizes... like when potty training is done etc.
Yesterday we tried a new hairstyle. Pretty quick and simple but turned out cute! Piggyback ponies around the side and up the back and then three stranded twists turned into a knob (ok knob isn't the right term but I can't think of what is!) Also been trying a few new products (Jane Carter, Cantu, & Kimble) which has been fun. They smell great and seem to work pretty well so far!
Tonight after Ji'Robert went to bed, AJ sported her new apron which we made at a friends house last week. And we made pepper jelly! I've been craving it since Kina's canning party! YUM! Although our house now is kind of stinky from the honey (I hate the smell of honey!).
AJ super excited to help stir!
And loved wearing the oven gloves (safety measure since she wanted to stand and watch me stir it on the stove)!
This week has actually been more relaxing than usual! We have had less scheduled things and have had time to go shopping, do cleaning, and just hang out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute hairdo :)

MOMeena

Moosekahl said...

what is pepper jelly? and how do you make it?