These were the pre-princess and the frog pictures... Addy was very excited to see the princess Tianna movie. She talked about it a lot and we talked about how we need to be quiet and sit nicely and how we would have popcorn and our little toddler friends would be there. And though I knew that we probably wouldn't last the whole movie, I had this vision in my head of her sitting nicely, dancing, eating popcorn, and enjoying the whole thing to the end. She did very well for quite sometime and then she looked at me and said, "I want to go home" and well that was the end.. or the begining of the tantrum. I asked if she wanted to watch the movie and sit nicely or go home and she wanted to go home. So we attempted to leave (note I was carrying a diaperbag, and two coats and trying to get a hold of her hand), she went up the movie steps instead of down, then across a different isle which led us over a different group of people, then down the stairs on the other side while screaming, Watch the movie, so we paused, I asked if she could sit nicely and quietly, she said no, I asked if she wanted to watch the movie and again she wanted to go home. So we left toward the theater door as the screaming go louder and louder. We finally made it into the hallway where she continued her meltdown. We made it to the lobby where people were staring like it was the first time anyone had ever brought a screaming child out of a movie... I am pretty sure I am not the first... and out to the car where she refused to stand up so I sat her in the slush while I dug through my bag to find our keys. Into the car while still screaming and asking where Kina and Sophia where. We talked on the way home about sitting nicely and quietly. She was very sad that she didn't get to watch the movie and honestly it broke my heart. I wanted to cry. I felt bad that she didn't get to stay with her friends, that she didn't get to see the rest of the movie, finish her popcorn, or play with her friends afterwards. It made me immensly sad and I'm not sure why. We went home and I ran some errands. By the time I got home, she was fine and said sorry. And so we will be having a Princess and the Frog DVD party when it comes out. The rest of the movie will be seen in a more relaxed, feel free to stand and dance, scream and run around environment. Another day we will attempt a movie again, maybe one of the free Saturday morning movies, and we will sit on the edge near the exit just in case.
Here is a completely unrelated video from earlier today... This is the best big sister ever!!! (Might even be a better big sister than me!) SO CUTE.
2 comments:
I know it breaks your heart as a mama when we see our children so sad and not able to understand the things that we do. Good for you for attempting it, next time will go much better, I'm sure!
Remember: she's not even 2 yet!! Give it some time. I know you are anxious to do these kinds of things with her ... her time will come! I think she did great, actually. Most 3 year olds might not even last that long!!
Post a Comment