Last week before Thanksgiving we were walking through the mall and Santa was already there (a little early if you ask me!). We walked by and Addy asked, "Who's that? Whats her name?" (everyone is a her at the moment). So I told her it was Santa and we continued on our way. After shopping we walked back and Santa was out walking around near the Santa area. Addy wanted to say hi, so we walked over and she gave him a high-5. I asked her who it was and she said with great awe in a quiet whispery voice, "SANTA". We said good bye and kept going. On the way home she kept saying that she gave Santa a high-5 so I told her about Santa. That if she was good, that we would go see him, that she would sit on his lap and tell him what she wanted for Christmas. The next day we talked about Santa again. I told her the same thing again and asked her what she wanted to ask Santa for..... And I got a very serious (and seriously cute) response..."Elmo socks". The next day she told me how she was going to sit on Santas lap and she wanted Elmo socks and Addy Cadabby socks from Santa. And now she wants those plus Elmo Jammies.
So precious. If anyone asks her what she wants from Santa she will tell you! And so it goes that I am on a mission! Since she is asking for easy things, Santa will be delivering them! So far we got Elmos slippers (not on her list but I'm sure they will be well recieved) and Elmo/AbbyCadabby Jammies. I am still on the hunt for socks. Found some online so if I dont find any this week then I will just order them. So if you see them anywhere, let me know!
And so this week, we will be making a special trip to see Santa and tell him what we want for Christmas, and take pictures of course!
I am surprised that she (not even 2) is comprehending that she can ask for something she wants and get it and is remembering it over and over. Unlike when we are at the store and she sees something she wants but forgets once we leave.
This Christmas will be a memorable one. Addy will be excited and helpful and able to open her own gifts (and help Tyler open his). My dad is healthy and doing great after his surgery last winter. My family is all doing well. And we have our new little babe to join in the festivities.
Let the Christmas season begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment