Sunday, May 10, 2009

A wonderful mothers day *read carefully*

Today was a wonderful mother's day! My parents and sister came and we went to a big antique flea market, out to lunch, and continued our mother's day tradition of planting flowers. Growing up I remember spending mothers day with all the girls (sister, mom, aunt, grandma) and we would go to the nursery to get flowers for grandma's house.

This day reminds me how blessed I am to be a mother, and to be the mother of the most wonderful perfect daughter in the world! How much more lucky could I be! It reminds me that I should be greatful for every moment that I get to spend with her and to cherish all of the memories that we are making each and every day as a family. To cherish every smile, every laugh, and soothe every tear. This year I learned what the best sound in the world is... "mommy". I learned that every one of Addy's smiles lights up the room and warms my heart. I learned that you can't do everything by yourself. I learned that I have the best husband in the world who is an amazingly caring dad. I learned that even temper tantrums can turn into snuggle time. I learned that we are a loving family who is raising the daughter who was always meant to be ours from the start.

And for next mother's day.... A mother of two???

3 comments:

Jennifer G. said...

Yayyyyyy!! :-) (If you're going with what I think you might be, it could be a lot sooner than that, though!)

Shawna said...

YAHOO!!!! Happy Mother's Day, Jenn!!!

Anne said...

Yes!! I believe you WILL be a mother of 2 by next Mother's Day!!! Or sooner... ;) So happy for you guys!