Today we said goodbye to our sweet Tattoo. It has been very hard on all us as we loved him dearly. For those of you who don't know his story he was my chemo puppy. When I was diagnosed with cancer, we had one of our horses at a trainers. They raised Jack Russel Terriers. We had gone and visited their new batch of puppies and fell in love with a little dark one which was not the breed standard of being mostly white, but we thought he was the cutest one. The next day they stopped at my moms work and asked if they could give me a puppy, that puppy. And so it began. He was the most hyper doggie but any time he jumped up to lay with me when I was sick, he knew to be more careful and quiet. He was a very terrier puppy... chewed a hole in my moms new couch, ate my sisters new birkenstocks, ate every stuffed animal he could find, and barked at everything that moved. He helped me get through the most difficult time of my life and has been through a lot with us. He was a very funny little doggy and will always hold a special place in our hearts.
2 comments:
Jenn: I know all too well how hard it is to say goodbye to a special animal that you've loved with all of your heart... no matter how hard it is - you need to know that you did what is right for Tattoo. He knew you loved him right until the very end and that is what is so important. Grandma had to say goodbye to Squeaky yesterday, and that is incredibly hard at age 85 as well. It is never easy. I saw Tattoo on Monday, and he was not the dog I used to see. You two did the right thing in your decision to give him a good time at the Rainbow Bridge. My thoughts are with you! Love you all - Deb
=( I'm so sorry Jenn. I know that must be tough on you and your family at this time. It is never easy to say goodbye to our loved pet. =( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! HUGS and LOVE! Misty
Post a Comment