Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolutions?

What happened to the last year, it went by so fast!

Last year we had 3 family goals...
1- do the compact for 2 non-consecutive months: SUCCESS... sort of! We did the compact for 2 months but they happened to be consecutive months instead of separate. It went great and taught me a ton about my spending habits. It still affects me today. Just the other day I went to Target (y biggest pitfall) and wandered through the dollar isle and got nothing, I carried around two items that were on sale that I thought I needed and then decided against them, and managed to get out of the store with only the items on my list and a birthday gift for an upcoming party.

2- decrease processed foods: This went great the first half of the year. Then after surgery I was down and out for so long and we had tons of meals made for us that once I was feeling better the health factor went out the window. We are hoping to get back on track this year. I've already cleaned out the crap food out of our cupboards and went grocery shopping. 75% of my cart was fresh fruits and vegetables. The check out lady even commented on how much produce I was buying... um ya, its healthy!

3- increase family time: This was something that was much easier than expected. Having surgery forced us all to be together more and it was great! Even now this winter we are spending more time home as a family or doing activities as a family for parts of each day. This has become a way of life. We eat dinner together, play games, go for walks, do projects, etc.

Other things that happened this year, JT is talking a ton and has met all of his speech goals (YAY), he is very active and doing great. He is still on his seizure meds and hasn't had any more seizures minus the initial 10 prior to starting the meds. That is a GREAT sign!
AJ is doing well. She is writing her letters and numbers but still needs to work on the sounds they all make. She's taken a bunch of random classes this year (camp school, dance, gymnastics, swimming, preschool classes, etc) and has a passion for learning!

So next year? Just a couple small goals again. Things that are attainable with a little work!

JT's goals: learn to count to 20, learn his ABC's, hold a crayon/pen correctly, take a sporty class!
AJ's goals: learn the sounds of her letters, try a new hairstyle, go on an adventure!
Family goals:
  • Eat healthy (a continuation from last year, decrease processed foods, find more healthy recipes etc.)
  • Develop a database of meals (this sounds like way too much work but we meal plan which saves us a ton of money but its kind of a lot of work each time, if I would just type up each menu plan with ingrediants a few times then I could just print out a list and be done, so goal is 7 meal lists {number 1 almost done})
  • Take a family vacation (plans already in the works)
  • Go to church more regularly (hopefully every other week)
  • Utilize our new zoo and childrens museum memberships!
Other goals:
  • Get my new boobs! (and move on with life!)
  • Take all my drugs as prescribed... including calcium and vitamin D (ugh this may be the hardest of all of them!)
  • Declutter- clean out, get rid of
Nothing too exciting this year. Knowing that I have another surgery coming up and other things already planned for 2012, I don't want to do to much!

No comments: