Addy is offically a year old! I cannot believe that she is already one and has been home and part of our family for ten months! It feels like we just brought her home yesterday. Who knew time would go so quickly!
Miss Addy J is very busy these days. Climbing, running, playing, growing! She has her official one year appointment on the 31st so we will se how big she has really gotten then. She is still just the sweetest funniest little girl!
The other day she was playing by the fishtank and started banging the cupboard doors underneath it. I told her no in a firm voice and she turned smiled and did it again. So I said it again, this time removing her from the fishtank and trying to redirect her with a different toy. A few minutes later she was back to the fishtank. I clapped my hand once to get her attention and said NO. She turned around and started clapping with a big smile on her face...... not exactly what I was going for but it sure was funny!
So she keeps us on our toes. She found her independence this weekend at the Mall. We went to the little play area at our local mall and she ran and played with a bunch of other little toddlers. She was behind this big thing and Jared said, I think she is by the entrance. So I went over there and she was leaving the play area, saw me and ran two stores down. I picked her up and brought her back and placed her on the far side of the play area and she made a B line toward the entrance and took off at a full run. So I followed her to a little batch of ride on rides and to two stores. She no longer wanted to play in the thing but wanted to be free to run! And boy is she fast! And so we keep her in our arms or in the stroller as she refuses to hold our hand (and even if she would, we would be bent way over to hold her hand).
This weekend was the biggest snow storm yet this year. So our girls weekend was put on hold and we stayed home. We spent Saturday watching movies, playing at the mall, and going to Jared's step mom's family Christmas. It was nice to see everyone who we don't see but a few times a year. Addy had fun trying new foods and eating tons of cheese and crackers. She even got to spend time with her Great Grandma Marge!
Sunday we had family time and played and Addy opened a couple birthday presents from mom and dad! We then went to her cousin, Brandt's, birthday party in the evening for a little while. They share their special day! Brandt insisted that he did not turn three until he ate his cake, until then he was still two!
Addy has been sleeping well and through the night again which is really nice for mom and dad! Tomorrow she is bringing birthday treats to daycare with her... ok well she is bringing birthday stringcheese! We wanted her to bring something that she would be able to eat too and since stringcheese is her favorite we thought it was fitting!
Pictures from the weekend to be posted soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jenn,
I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating Adsdy's 1st birthday! Doesn;t the year go by so fast! Treasure every moment! Have a wonderful 1st Christmas together as well!
Deb
Post a Comment